The Indo Jax® Mission:
Indo Jax® is truly a one of a kind surf school! We are different from the others for many reasons. First of all, our qualifications set us apart from any surf school you’ll find anywhere. Our instructors are certified teachers with extensive surfing backgrounds. Our ocean experience, safety training and teaching background is unparalleled. With our qualifications we can provide a “learn to surf” experience that the others just can’t. In addition, our prices are quite a bit lower than the industry standard. We could charge much more, but we don’t, because we love to teach people to surf! Our most unique feature, however, is we give back! We have an impressive outreach learn to surf program. We donate our time and money to local charities, we sponsor local charity events, as well as offer free surf camps to various groups ranging from children infected with HIV, to children with autism. The motto at the school is simple, “We are nothing if we don’t give back!”
Our ultimate goals are:
- teach people to surf in a fun and safe learning environment
- bring surfing to people who might otherwise not have a chance to do so.
- use the stoke of wave riding to build self-esteem in people
- promote a love of the ocean environment
- set an example of charity for others to follow. All while having a great time!
Hours of Operation
- Reservations, registration and information available year round.
- Private lessons year round. Reservations required. 24 hour notice preferred.
- Summer surf camps weekly June, July and August.
- Closed on Sundays
When it comes to staff our goal is simple…we want to be the best surf school there is. We realize it takes great instructors to achieve this goal, and so we seek out the best! Indo Jax Surf School is able to attract the absolute finest surf instructors around, because of our outstanding reputation for providing high quality surf camps and lessons. We are always looking for instructors that fit our high standards. Our instructors are great in the water, excellent teachers, and attentive to detail. Because of our extensive charity surf camp component, instructors need to be able to work well with children who have special needs. We train our instructors in both First Aid and CPR, and many are also lifeguard certified. We compensate our instructors/directors well and as follows…
- Directors - $100 per day based on an 8 hour day, Directors work 3-5 days a week depending on the program they direct.
- Instructors - 1st year $12/hour, 2nd year $13.50/hour, 3rd year and on $15/hour
- Office staff - $10/hour
If you are interested in employment with Indo Jax Surf School please call Jack at (910) 274-3565 or send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org